8.06.2010

New Paintings

Last night I bought a decorating magazine that had a painting of oysters in it. I decided to try and see if I could paint something similar and this is what I came up with. It's sortof an abstract of the oyster shells. I'm not entirely happy with it but I wanted to try my hand at regular painting again instead of collage work. I had fun and might try some of my own again soon:)

Then, since I had my paints out I decided to go ahead and do my painting for the Creative Color Challenge over on Louise Gale's blog. This week's challenge was {sunflower yellow}. Let me tell you, it is a HARD color! {well, at least for me} I finally settled on trying to do a realistic style golden finch. I think I may stick with my theme for the rest of the challenge and do a different bird each week. I am envisioning these as a grouping next to or around my great-grandmother's 30's quilt. {the link is of a similar one, mine's packed in a box somewhere or I'd show you a photo of it}


Have you done anything creative this week?

1 comment:

  1. Love the finch--great idea for the color challenge! I signed up to participate but didn't get to it this week-oops! I have been busy making pillows so I guess that is my creative outlet this week!

    ReplyDelete